Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Emotional blackmail has a return address


A Parting Thought for My Brother
By John W. Loftus at 8/24/2011
 
My brother and his wife visited from the west coast and stayed the night last week. We had talked about his Christian faith. I gave him both barrels to no avail. Then as they were leaving, as his wife took a picture of us together, I said: "Keep in mind according to your faith I am going to hell." Now hopefully they will think of what I said whenever they look at that picture. Can he really imagine his brother in hell? See if that breaks them out of their dogmatic slumbers. It should.


My brother and his wife visited from the west coast and stayed the night last week. We had talked about his atheism. I gave him both barrels to no avail. Then as they were leaving, as his wife took a picture of us together, I said: "Keep in mind according to your atheism, there is no life after death. When I die, I am absolutely certain that I am going to be dead. That's the end of me. There is no ultimate foundation for ethics, no ultimate meaning in life." Now hopefully they will think of what I said whenever they look at that picture. Can he really imagine his father, mother, brother, wife, son, or daughter passing into oblivion? Their life and death devoid of meaning? See if that breaks them out of their secular slumbers. It should. 

6 comments:

  1. "So how was your visit with John?"

    'Same old, same old. He's still a tremendous *******, but I love him and hope he sees the error of his ways.'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Question: why did orange soda can try to convince the grape soda can that it was fizzing wrong?

    Answer: no reason.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Emotional blackmail has a return address"

    Loftus' Post Office Stamps this on Unopened Envelope:

    "Return to Sender"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yet John wonders why his brother doesn't call or visit more often...

    Apparently one of the effects of militant atheism is insufferable boorishness, or maybe he was channeling Joan Crawford.

    The ironic part is that if he's a Christian Loftus' brother already knows John is headed to hell, and is most likely offering up frequent anguished intercessory prayer on his behalf.

    In Christ,
    CD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loftus has previously posted videos of his brother, and ridiculed him.

    In WIBA he admits that his own family was suspicious of him.

    Imagine that.

    So why shouldn't we be suspcious of him?

    ReplyDelete
  6. DJP...

    I am absolutely certain that Diet Coke is better than Diet Pepsi.

    If you don't agree, you are delusional.

    ReplyDelete