Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Weed Whacking

In Pittsburgh, there are streets along creeks that flow down through the hills, and we live on one of these streets. Some of these are among the oldest neighborhoods in the area. Ours is one of these.

For our own privacy, we have allowed some of the vegetation to grow unhindered, and it does provide some nice privacy for us. Unfortunately, we've been asked by the municipality to remove this vegetation. So yesterday, I bought myself a machete and started going at it. I have to say, I had a blast, attacking these weeds.

5 comments:

  1. It is a serious flaw in the Protestant dogma of "Sola Scriptura" that the Apocrypha-less KJV Bible offers no guidance soever on the licit time, place and manner of whacking weeds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOLed but now I feel guilty for doing so... How many prayers to Mary should I recite as penance?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tom, I guess you could put me into the category of those who believe that what's not prohibited is permissible. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Mr. Fosi, I'm glad you had a good laugh. I had a great laugh myself, once I got going with it.

    ReplyDelete