Saturday, December 13, 2008

More "torture" at GITMO

If you thought waterboarding was barbaric, it gets even worse:

"Ultimately, though, the most overused torture song is I Love You by Barney the Purple Dinosaur. On the face of it, the lyrics may seem deeply inappropriate: 'I love you, you love me - we're a happy family./With a great big hug and a kiss from me to you,/Won't you say you love me too?', but anyone whose child watches the television programme will know how grating
it is. In the torture trade, this is called 'futility music', designed to convince the prisoner of the futility of maintaining his position."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/jun/19/usa.guantanamo

Thankfully, Obama has promised to sign an Executive order banning the use of any music other than Mozart.

No comments:

Post a Comment