Monday, August 27, 2007

Losing Faith in Shangri-La

Gee, Ed. Thanks a bunch.

This was a real eye-opener for me. Indeed, it left my faith in shambles.

You see, I grew up in Shangri-La. Indeed, every Christian I know grew up in Shangri-La.

I attended Shangri-La preschool, kindergarten, grade school, and junior high. After I graduated from Shangri-La high school, I attended Shangri-La College.

I never knew until now that there was a whole other world beyond the western edge of the Kunlun Mountains.

So you can imagine my shock when I saw these horrible pictures. We don’t have any sharks or cobras in Shangri-La. In fact, we don’t even have a word for “shark” or “cobra” in our language. This was the very first time I ever ran across those scary names.

Here in Shangri-La we have deer and butterflies, puppy-dogs and bunny-rabbits. Plus acres of daisies. Yes, acres and acres of daisies.

We also have some snakes, but they eject perfume instead of venom. Some species eject Chanel no. 5 while others eject Arpège.

No one gets cavities in Shangri-La. No one ever gets a tummy-ache. No one ages past the age of 21.

We have a Bible, too. We call it the Lost Horizon. When you read it you won’t find anyone ever getting sick or dying. And you won’t find any wild animals.

So, when I began to compare my life in Shangri-La with the world on the other side of the valley, I lost my faith in the Lost Horizon.


-----Original Message-----

From: EDWARD BABINSKI
Sent: Mon, Aug 27 12:53 AM
Subject: 1st chapt. of new book, Malevolent Design

The author sent me a link to the first chapt. of his new book:

http://www.malevolentdesign.org/

Reminds me of my own online piece, "Why We Believe in a Designer":

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/ce/4/part2.html

1 comment:

  1. Steve said:
    ---
    Plus acres of daisies. Yes, acres and acres of daisies.
    ---

    Those were daisies?!?!

    They told me they were TULIPs!!!

    ARGH!!! I RID MYSELF OF THIS DECEPTIVE CALVINISM!!!

    ReplyDelete