Friday, December 01, 2006

The Hermetic Order of the T-Blog

ANONYMOUS SAID:

“When did Patrick Chan become a T-blogger? Did I miss something?”

Yes, you missed it, but the induction ceremony is by invitation only.

We flew the company jet to Stonehenge to perform the customary rites of initiation under the superior conjunction of Venus.

The installation involves the usual formalities, viz. blood pact, Latin imprecations, hazing rituals, secret handshake, trial by ordeal, and cyanide caplet (in case he’s ever captured by the liberal establishment), &c.

(We used to dispense cyanide capsules, but due to product tampering, it was necessary to switch to caplets to preserve the purity of the dosage.)

Our trial by ordeal is modeled on the venerable precedent of David’s dowry (1 Sam 18:25f.), only Philistines are hard to come by these days, so the novitiate is permitted to substitute Darwinians for Philistines to complete the quota.

Another novitiate was initiated into the Hermetic Order of the T-Blog that evening, but we have yet to release his name to the media since we have him working under deep cover to facilitate the pending coup d’etat by the Truly Reformed.

8 comments:

  1. I bet it's James Anderson. Gotta be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shudder to see what shall come to pass when this second and far greater novitiate arises from the bowels of the Hermetic Order of the T-Blog and makes known his awesome power! Brrr! I get goosebumps just thinking about it. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I bet it's James Anderson. Gotta be."

    Wow. It's an honor to be compared to someone like Dr Anderson. Or in fact any of the T-bloggers. For I am truly the least of the T-bloggers, not even fit to be called a T-blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "The installation involves the usual formalities, viz. blood pact, Latin imprecations, hazing rituals,"

    Why am I now picturing Kevin Bacon bent over saying "Thank you sir may I have another?"

    Mr. Chan I am pleased to see that you survived all this and I am looking forward to your further contributions to this august body of apologists.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Latin imprecations are why I'll never be a T-blogger....

    ReplyDelete
  6. CalvinDude said:
    The Latin imprecations are why I'll never be a T-blogger....

    ***********

    What about Esperanto? Would that sweeten the pie?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Steve,

    Let's see some resume for this guy, surely you have some standards for T-blog beyond secret handshakes. I mean, that may get you on Loftus' web site, but c'mon now....(no offense Mr. Chan)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wrote "cyanide caplet (in case he’s ever captured by the liberal establishment),"

    I forgot to mention a Colt .45 with a silver bullet... in case he defects, in which case I'll personally shoot him.

    ReplyDelete