Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Feel the love!

Brought to you by America’s premier Ivy League institution.

Best taken with a violin playing in the background, or maybe a Yanni soundtrack. (Angel-choir not included.)

**************************************************************************************************************

Please respond to this brief set of questions (It's optional, but we encourage that you answer).

Which statement best describes you?

Please rate how warm or cold you feel toward the following groups (0 = coldest feelings, 5 = neutral, 10 = warmest feelings)

Straight Men
Gay Men

Straight Women
Lesbian Women

Please rate how much you agree or disagree with the following statements.

I am personally motivated by my beliefs to be nonprejudiced towards gay people.

Because of today's standards I try to appear nonprejudiced towards gay people.

Because of my personal values, I believe that using stereotypes about gay people is wrong.

Although I don't necessarily agree with them, I sometimes have prejudiced feelings (like gut reactions or spontaneous thoughts) that I don't feel I can prevent.

No spontaneous prejudiced thoughts come into my mind when I encounter an unfamiliar gay person.

I attempt to appear nonprejudiced towards gay people in order to avoid disapproval from others.

Have you ever met a gay person?

Do you have a family member who is gay?

Do you think marriages between homosexuals should or should not be recognized by the law as valid, with the same rights as traditional marriages?

In your view, is homosexuality something a person is born with or is homosexuality due to other factors such as upbringing or environment?

Do you feel that homosexuality should be considered an acceptable alternative lifestyle or not?

In the next task, you will be presented with a set of words or images to classify into groups.

Good
Joyful, Beautiful, Marvelous, Wonderful, Pleasure, Glorious, Lovely, Superb

Bad
Agony, Terrible, Horrible, Humiliate, Nasty, Painful, Awful, Tragic

Gay People
Images and symbols of Gay People

Straight People
Images and symbols of Straight People

https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/Instructions

1 comment:

  1. Dont you just love surveys with loaded questions? there really is no way to convey my views on homosexuality in that one. Just no way to do it justice

    ReplyDelete